Wednesday, May 27, 2015

You're Making a Door into What????

Well another project was completed over my Spring Break! We recently moved into a new home and our guest room was lacking a headboard, so, after seeing two solid wood doors for sale on a Yardsale group I thought, "That could totally be a headboard." My husband did not see that vision. But for $25 for two doors, I couldn't pass up the chance. Not sure what the second door is going to be, but I had to have them. It was a project that took no more than a couple hours (that includes drying time of the paint), but it looks like I spent hours and hours on it. I love how it turned out!

Step One: Cut door in half



Step Two: Paint it! For color, I added a bit of primer into a dish, added some water and used a clean cloth to wipe onto the door.



Step Three: I added plates on the back and screwed on to secure.


Last Step: Hang it up! It looks awesome! Just what the guest room needed. 










No comments:

Post a Comment