Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Happy Hour Table

We have been so blessed with an incredible backyard with an amazing view and before we even closed escrow I was on the hunt for a project table and chairs. Our local Salvation Army here in San Clemente came through once again and I scored a bamboo table, with glass top and 4 chairs. Bonus....it was HALF PRICE DAY!!! The whole set was just $60. Yes, the chairs are ugly, I know this, that's why they ended up being resold and we had to look for chair alternatives.

So I bought these in August and it wasn't until November that I found the chairs that would ultimately be the ones we stuck with. These took some work but not nearly as enough work the ugly ones would of needed. These had 3 layers of fabric all stapled with about 1,000 staples. It was tedius but all layers came off...eventually.
Once the layers of fabric were removed it was time to paint! We purchased an outdoor paint, a great shade of turqouise and applied two coats. We think it turned out great!


Now to cover the chairs! I purchased outdoor fabric from Fabric.com and love, love, love it! After some measuring, cutting and staple-gunning I was done! CHEERS!









No comments:

Post a Comment