Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Let's Do Coffee!

This was a project that I didn't even know I was looking for. Once again I was on our local yardsale Facebook group and saw this posting for a coffee table and two matching end tables. So why would I need these? I have tables already that are doing their job perfectly. My feet have a place to go when I'm watching T.V. and my drink has a place to rest when it's not being enjoyed. So what was it about these tables? Well for one, they're solid wood, not the cheapy stuff you tend to see out there. And two, they were just $40 for all THREE tables! Sold! 



These tables were screaming, "Make me pretty!", so that's exactly what I did. Upon first bringing them home I hid them in the garage under blankets. I didn't want to hear from my husband about bringing home another project (as most sit in the garage for a couple months before they make their way to a new location or home). He found them after about two days. With that being said I had to move this project to the top of the list. First job was to get them primed. 



For color I went with a nice taupe, very neutral and something that would go with our decor. I opted for spray paint for this job and do not regret that decision a bit. I purchased a high-gloss spray and bought 6 cans. I was pleasantly surpised that I only needed about 2.5 cans. It went on very well and does not have a stickyness to it like some sprays do. I was very pleased at how they turned out.


So Day 1: Primer, Day 2: Paint, Day 3: Bring inside! 






No comments:

Post a Comment