Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Major Oops at The Goodwill


For years I had been in search of a cabinet for my extensive collection of wine glasses, etc.Well, the day had finally come when I ventured out to the local Goodwill. I found the perfect cabinet. It appeared to be the upper part of a buffet/hutch. Nice, solid wood, and cheap! Just $20! I paid for it and the nice man dollied it out of the store for me. However, just as he was about to get to the front door he lost his balance and the hutch fell face down, shattering the glass doors. Because the Goodwill has a policy that nothing is 'free' they refunded me $15, so essentially costing me just $5. The man that broke it felt terrible and paid me back the $5, making my cabinet FREE! I found a great window/glass man who fixed the doors, and with some new paint, it was ready for our dining room. I love it, and I love telling the story of how it came to be. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment